Category: Hardware Published Date
by MTHULISI SIBANDA
JOHANNESBURG, (CAJ News) - MOTOROLA Mobility has introduced yet another smartphone, which it is hopeful will be a hit among young users.
The Spice XT will be available before the second quarter of the year.
“Our smartphones have become integral, personal parts of users’ lives – that is why Motorola believes they should be fun, beautiful and feature-packed,” said Germán Greco, marketing product director, Motorola Mobility.
“Motorola SPICE XT is an affordable device that gives young, fast-moving users everything they want from a top-quality smartphone.”
he said, running on Android 2.3 Gingerbread, Motorola Spice XT is the perfect balance of sleek design, affordability and intuitive functionality.
It boasts a 5-megapixel auto-focus camera with built in flash.
The Motorola Spice XT also has best-in-class battery life, allowing users to talk for eight hours or have 21 days of standby in 3G mode.
The battery can handle regular multitasking between apps, games and Web browsing, as well as heavy messaging. Users also have access to more than 400 000 apps in Android Market.
Among other features are front-facing VGA camera, 800MHz processor, 512MB onboard memory, Dual-band HSDPA/Quad-band EDGE, McroSD card slot expandable up to 32GB, FM Radio with RDS support, Wi-Fi capability, E-compass, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor and accelerometer.
Last Updated on Monday, 27 February 2012 08:18
- Award-winning ultrabook an ace
- Motorola defies with Mini, Motoluxe
- Stanbic finances Tanzania's Helios Towers
- BlackBery Fusion simplifies simplifies smartphones management
- Nokia Siemens Networks streamlines operations
- IT Leaders East Africa ends on high note
- Fujitsu's FastOn to cut down desktop PC boot by 75% two thirds
- LG banks on competitive appliances
- Motorola observes Global Week of Service
- IT Leaders East Africa Summit preps intensify